CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

is the juice still worth the squeeze?

The very essence of our existence had been a topic that entangled the mind of so many philosophers for ages… so many theories were formulated why we exist and continues to exist. How does one still exist amidst all the trials life has given.

According to Wikipedia, the word "existence" comes from the Latin word 'existere', meaning to appear or emerge or stand out. To emerge and to stand outr, I believe has always been in the mind of every individual.

I remembered my chat with some old high school friends regarding our existence in our high school days. Some existed to be just mere wall flowers during that time but we were surprised at the social status they have achieved at the present.

Existence. Why do we exist? To emerge and stand out, what do we do? Does winning the regional quiz bee prove our existence? Or does bagging a Latin Honor during college prove your worth in the society? How about being part of the winning debate team? the school’s famous varsity maybe? Or the position you hold at the company you’re working in?

Existentialism is a subject I’ve studied in college that challenged my beliefs and ignited my mind to think about life. It has made me think of so many WHYs in my life and HOW to achieve the answer in my WHYs. Existentialism is a philosophy concerned with finding self and the meaning of life through free will, choice, and personal responsibility. I think it has always been human nature to ask “why?” and “how come?”

I have always believed that I exist because God wants me to exist, God, the beginner and finisher of my life.

"For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him" (Colossians 1:16).

As these times of uncertainty cause countless doubts and resentment to a lot of people all over the world, more and more people would ask the question why…

Lately, I’ve caught myself asking God why some things happen to me… and when I would see myself asking.. I’d claim my faith in Him…

from James 1:17 we know that God gives us good and perfect gifts, and Ephesians 3:20 says that we know God is able to do above and beyond all that we can ask or even think.

Is the lifestyle I have built for myself still worth living? Or, has the people I have surrounded myself with still worth of me?

The answer to those…

I wanted to say yes… but at the back of my mind I kept telling myself “I don’t know..” I really don’t know the answer…

In a couple of weeks, the year is about to end again… how I wish a lot of chapters in my life will end as the year would change.

It’s easier to wear slippers that to carpet the whole earth… hay, maybe the juice is still worth the squeeze, yeah?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yo... the juice still worth the squeeze, even in my age it seems malapit-lapit nang matuyo na. ;)
Hi pom...